Description: If Bor synchronisation is slow it could be due to either of the below reasons:
- The node is running on a fork - means at certain point the block production was done by forking on a different block and that has impacted the further block production
- The machine is not working at optimum levels and could be with insufficient resources.
This can be addressed by checking on:
- IOPS stands for Input/Output state of cycle
- The rate of reading is usually higher than write speed
- 6000 is the recommended range for IOPS
- Processor has to be 8 or 16 core
- RAM: 32 GB is the minimum; 64 GB is recommended
- Block import should be more than 2 block for every second
- Node sync rate should be at 15-20 blocks every 8 secs
Solution: As the issue is more about lack of hardware resources try upgrading it to double of the current specifications.